Some things in life are made for each other. Salt & pepper, Pepsi & Shirley, and bags & shoes. Picking which bag will complement which shoes is an endless source of pleasure, so we decided to rustle up some suggested matches for you to choose from. Of course, designer vegan fashion is on the rise, and there are some downright gorgeous bags out there. We’ve made ethical outfits before, but now’s the time to focus on the details. We’ve effectively made accessory tapas for you to sample from, with three looks to cover your everyday wear, office wear and finally a sprinkling of glitz for a night out. Without further ado, let’s get started…
Images courtesy of Gunas and Urban Originals
First up is your everyday wear, practical enough to be able to withhold an entire day spent mooching in the shops but still with an edge of chic.
- Red Tote: The big bold and beautiful red bag on the left is the Madison textured tote bag from vegan brand Gunas, super light so it’s perfect for everyday use. It has a detachable body strap, making it a very flexible bag. We adore its deep red hue, which will certainly stand out from the crowd.
- Black Heels: These Felix faux suede sandals are so versatile that we don’t think you’d ever need to take them off, ever. We can’t even think of an outfit it wouldn’t go with: jeans? Of course. Pencil skirt? Obviously. A-line dress? Yes sir. Slick work trousers? Tick… Is there anything they can’t do? Their simple strappy design and block heel is certainly very 90s, and they’re made with padded insoles and flexi soles so they’re extra comfortable as well.
- Cream sandals: These cream retro sandals are similarly retro, and could be an alternate option if you prefer a smaller heel to the Felix design. They come in black or white, so the choice is yours. Either colour would work well with the bags. Don’t forget, it’s free worldwide shipping on orders over £100. Bonus!
- White Tote: The white shoulder bag is by vegan brand Urban Originals. Its perforated cover has an air of sportiness about it, and coupled with the clean metallic clips, this makes for a classic everyday bag.
- Faux Snakeskin Pumps: Our classic Shelley design has a 2cm hidden lift, and is the perfect solution for stylish comfort. It’s made of beautiful Italian faux snakeskin and is entirely vegan. It’s a neat way of injecting some glamour into your everyday look.
- Yellow Tote: That yellow bag is the Hermit bag in light sand colour, and is 100% vegan and ethically produced by Gunas. They’re based in New York, and they do ship internationally (hooray!). This slick and stylish bag has a back story to its name: it is dedicated to the Hermit crab which is often sold as a pet in the US, and in the process are often killed in transit and is now nearing exinction. Gunas hopes to discourage the buying of exotic pets by raising awareness of the issue.
- Silver Loafers: Our Kate design is a vegan slip-on loafer, and once again comes out top for versatility, just as an everyday wardrobe item should. Super comfortable and bound to trigger a barrage of shoe-compliments.
Images courtesy of Matt & Nat and Urban Originals
- Brown Satchel: Totally vegan brand Matt & Nat are famous for their sleek and simple designs, perfect for smartening up. They also have free shipping to the UK on orders of £50, which sure is handy. This satchel is the Rehe bag in chili colour, and it can be worn across the body using a detachable strap. It comes in a few different subtle colours, so would work well with the typical colour palette of office wear. We chose this vintage style satchel to go well with our vintage-inspired lace-ups.
- Blue Mid-Heels: These cute Oxford-style lace-ups are very wearable and would compliment many an office outfit. They’re handmade from 100% vegan leather, and have a 7cm cone heel. The Bertie design is also available in black and cream, and you can pre-order your size for our next delivery in Autumn.
- Black Bag: This black satchel is another Matt & Nat design, Clarke. Again, it has a cross-body strap that can be detached, and the lining is 100% recycled nylon. This really would be a live-in bag, and you can’t go wrong with black.
- High Lace-Up: Lucile are a brand new design, donning a sleek dogtooth black and grey Italian fabric insert, putting a sophisticated twist on a classic style. These beauties are available to pre-order for our October delivery with £10 discount! High five.
- Mid Heel Lace-Up: These are your alternate choice if you prefer a smaller heel to our Lucile design. Bonnie is a hybrid of the Lucile and the Bertie, with an Oxford-style lace-up and a dogtooth fabric insert. So much choice!
- Grey Bag: You guessed it, it’s Matt & Nat again! This is the Carrie bag in the gravel colour which once again can be worn across the body, and is absolutely 100% vegan.
- Black & Burgundy Doctor Bag: This gorgeous tote is the Timerunning vegan leather bag by Urban Originals with a leopard interior lining. It’s big enough to fit everything you need in it, but small enough to slide over your shoulder: best of both worlds. We love this bag for its subtle colour, with an accent of style without being too loud.
Glitzy Evening Wear
Images courtesy of Gunas and Stella McCartney
Now for the fun bit: here’s our pick of sparkly accessories to spruce up an outfit for a night out.
- Black/Gold Bow Heels: These are our classic Meave court shoes, inspired by the elegance of the 20s and 30s. The bow detail on the heel makes these extra feminine, and they’re also available in luxury Italian gold and black fabric, as you can see. They are in the sale with a killer discount, but there aren’t many of this design left, so snap them up pronto.
- Pink Bag: These super cute bag is the Cottontail design in passion pink by Gunas. We love the giant oversized bow, and would go well with the bow-detail on our Meave shoes. Once again, the name of this bag has an interesting story: the New England Cotton Tail rabbit is now near extinction, so this bag is dedicated to this species. By buying non-leather fashion and supporting brands like us and Gunas, hopefully this will encourage an attitude of respect for all animals.
- Faux Snakeskin, Suede & Leather Heels: These are our famous Alice shoes, which was designed by student Alice Lambert-Gorwyn as she won a PETA competition for the best shoe design. To find out more about how these shoes came to be, have a read of our blog. These shoes were worn by Natalie Portman in the cover shoot story for August’s edition of Marie Claire in the UK, so they can’t be beaten for glamour. They’re made of faux suede, faux leather and mock crocodile skin.
- Leopard Clutch: This is Stella McCartney’s gorgeous Falabella cross body bag, made for nights out on the town.
- Black Clutch: This is Stella’s Falabella quilted clutch. Simple but effective, this black bag could easily be matched with any outfit you try it with, and it doubles as an everyday handbag to boot. The size is fairly big so could definitely fit in a full set of make-up. Ideal!
- Sequin Clutch: This is the Birdie design by Gunas, hand-embroidered with a black faux suede lining. So sparkly!