It’s inescapable now: every advert from this point onwards will be Noel-themed, every high street shop will be blasting Slade, and every office will be buying tinsel for the filing cabinet. I for one am looking forward to cracking open the brandy and warming up some delicious chestnuts now they’re in season. One of the best things about the month of December is that the calendar is heavily embellished with a multitude of parties and gatherings. Whether you’re celebrating with friends or heading off to a bar on Christmas Eve, it’ll be the perfect excuse to get glammed up. As we’re sure you’re aware, one of our favourite pastimes is ethical outfit matchmaking, so here’s three looks to give you a spot of outfit inspiration.
This bold look has Christmassy accents through the colours and glittery textures whilst still maintaining simplicity, and it would work just swell at a sit-down dinner event.
- Duran Dress, Reformation, £117.02. This maxi dress oozes opulence. The confidence of the colour is balanced by the simple design. What’s more, this dress is made from surplus fabric. Thousands of yards of fabric are wasted from fashion houses that over-order, so Reformation has made good use of it by making trash into treasure. This particular garment used 6734 gallons less water than the industry standard, and saved 43lbs of CO2. Neat!
- Redrum Liquid Lipstick, Jeffree Star Cosmetics, £14. This lipstick boasts some glittering 5* reviews form happy customers, and is 100% vegan and cruelty-free. Perfect for planting a big lipstick kiss on that lucky someone’s cheek under the mistletoe.
- Victor Vegan Leather Clutch, Viva Creatures!, £177.52. Just look at the geometric perfection that is this cruelty-free clutch. Described as their signature bag, they promise it will hold all your twilight-to-nightfall essentials, which is precisely the right time slot to have a party. This bag is off the scale for versatility, so could be used not just for Christmas parties, but for birthday parties and not-occassion-specific parties too.
- Gwyneth Black Court Shoe, Beyond Skin, £155. These have elegance written all over them. Covered in luxury Italian fabric with a delicate Mary-Jane strap around the ankle, these shoes are high-class. Their lifespan goes far beyond a Christmas party too, and would inject glamour into all manner of outfits. In red, this design sold out super fast, so snap yours up whilst they’re pre-orderable!
- New Year’s Nail Polish, Little Ondine, £11. Ok, so this polish is actually called New Year’s, but technically that is part of the Christmas package. This glittery gold colour extends the dress to your nails, and easily rubs off in time for the next morning’s team meeting in the office. Plus, it’s all totally vegan and cruelty-free to boot. Cushty.
Candy Cane Cute
This look is super sweet and playful, ideal for a quick catch up with friends over some vegan mulled wine.
- Kristina Dress in Organic Velvet in Navy, Vaute Couture, £120.19. Just as you thought this dress couldn’t get any cuter, it also has a star cut-out at the back! This is 100% luxury vegan fashion at its finest, and it’s in the sale. Hurry!
- Femme Lip Tar, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, £11.50. OCC’s famous lip tar is a matte liquid lipstick with gorgeous opaque colours. It’s made with hemp oil and is 100% vegan and cruelty-free, of course. Plus I’m a huge fan of light pink lipstick for its unashamed femininity.
- Izzy Silver May-Jane Shoes, Beyond Skin, £115. Goodness me, what adorable shoes! The lines in their design are edgy and the silver is bang on trend, meaning you’ll get so many shoe compliments that you’ll get bored of hearing them. These are easily transferable to your everyday wardrobe too, to brighten up a work outfit or two. Pre-order pronto.
- Aquarium Nail Polish, Barry M, £3.99. This glittery polish was made for Christmas parties, adding some more sparkle to this outfit. This particular polish is vegan, and all Barry M’s polishes are cruelty-free. Awesome.
- Feline Yourself Crossbody Bag, Nasty Gal, £38.15. And finally we reach the crescendo of ultimate cuteness: the kitty clutch. It’s decorated with rhinestones and black vegan leather made from the same material we use: polyutherane. Snap. Next season, our PU will be made of 100% recycled PU too! Exciting to the max for the sustainable fashion cause!
Under The Mistletoe
This is A-list red carpet glamour through and through, and would easily stand up to the scrutiny of the paparazzi.
- Primrose Dress, Stella McCartney, £2,135. This design is drop dead gorgeous. It’s made with vegan-friendly materials, and scores top marks for sheer elegance. If I owned this dress, I’m not sure I could justify ever taking it off, it’s that beautiful. It’s pricey, but it is luxury, and a girl can always dream.
- NSFW Lip Tar Matte, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, £13. The reviews for this particular colour by cruelty-free and vegan brand Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics are gushing. Crowned as the most balanced red lipstick by beauty bloggers, so by all accounts it sounds like a must-have.
- Ellen High Red Court Shoes, Beyond Skin, £130. Natalie Portman wore these shoes in the cover fashion shoot for Harper’s Bazaar’s US August Issue, looking divine in front of a dreamy ocean. They’re covered in luxury Italian fabric and have a vegan suede big bow on each toe. Classically stylish.
- Bright Red Classic Nail Paint, Barry M, £2.99. This vegan red nail varnish is brighter than most, matching the hue of the big bows and the lipstick. Plus, red is undeniably festive. This would be the ideal finishing touch for this look.
- Simple Drop Earrings in Brass, People Tree, £15. These simple gold earrings are handmade by skilled artisans by Bombolulu, a Fair Trade social business in Kenya that provides opportunities for people who have disabilities. Wonderful ethical jewellery.
Win £100 Credit at Beyond Skin!
Don’t forget that we have a competition on at the moment: Pin to Win £100 credit at Beyond Skin! All you have to do to enter is:
- Follow Beyond Skin on Pinterest and repin this competition pin to a board called ‘Beyond Skin Pin to Win Luxury Vegan Shoes’
- Pin a minimum of 5 of your favourite styles from our website to your board
- Confirm your entry with a comment under our original contest pin with a link to your board
- Fingers, toes and paws crossed for luck!